The privacy of users of the Club’s website is very important and the Club aims to prevent breaches of privacy and will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances. This Privacy Statement provides details about the personal information that the Club collects through, and for, the website and how the Club uses that information.
The following information collected through the website is for statistical purposes. The information is gleaned through an analytics program which provides reports on a variety of statistics and is used by the Club to enhance the website for the convenience of Members.
The information which may be collected includes:
• Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of all those who visit the site
• The date and time spent on the site
• The specific pages visited and the time spent on each page
• The number and type of transactions made through this site
Examples of the type of personal information collected by the Club through the use of the website includes:
• Personal details amended, added or deleted from the Member Details page in the ‘My Account’ section
• Credit card details when paying accounts via the website
• Usernames and passwords are generated through the website and are accessible only to the Club’s website administrator
• Email addresses may be collected and retained when using the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website
• Information provided to the Club through the Function/Dinner and Accommodation Booking features on the website
Any future facility for making on line purchases, enquiries or other interactive features which require personal information to be granted will be collected by the Club and may be retained if deemed necessary, to provide the service requested.
The Adelaide Club may use your personal information to:
• Administer this website
• Customise the website in accordance with your needs
• Enable your access to, and use of, the website
• Send you the products you purchase (in the event of future features on the website)
• Provide you with the services you request
• Send confirmations of bookings and/or other requests
• Allow viewing and payment of accounts
• Troubleshooting in the event of login difficulties or barriers
It may be necessary to disclose certain personal information to the web developers, external agents or administrators of the Club’s accounting software for the above mentioned purposes; and in such cases are all bound by a ‘Deed of Confidentiality’ as well as being obliged to use that information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary, as described above, The Adelaide Club may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
The Adelaide Club will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances, to ensure technical and organisational precautions are being taken to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information The Adelaide Club’s website is secured with an SSL certificate preventing unauthorised access to personal information. The Club’s website has both a public and private section within its website. The public site has limited information about the Club in general which is designed for prospective Reciprocal Members to stay at the Club; the private site is for Members only and is protected by individual usernames and passwords. The Adelaide Club will store all personal information you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
The Adelaide Club, without notice, may update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on this website. The Policy Statement should be reviewed from time to time to ensure you are familiar with any changes.